Grove - Thumb Joystick is a Grove compatible module which is very similar to the 'analog' joystick on PS2 (PlayStation 2) controllers. The X and Y axes are two ~10k potentiometers which control 2D movement by generating analog signals. The joystick also has a push button that could be used for special applications. When the module is in working mode, it will output two analog values, representing two directions. Compared to a normal joystick, its output values are restricted to a smaller range (i.e. 200~800), only when being pressed that the X value will be set to 1023 and the MCU can detect the action of pressing.
Ready to use with microcontrollers as digital input. This product also has a compact modular design Plug-and-play grove compatible interface.
Based on the picture above, the grove shield for Arduino is stacked with Seeeduino V4.2. Of course you can use that shield with Arduino too :)
You can get grove hat for Raspberry Pi here. It may not be the same as product above but still can use with Raspberry Pi.
Note: Controllers are sold separately.
- Grove Compatible, with 4pin universe 2.0mm connector
- 5V/3.3V Compatible
- Analog Output(Maximal value will be got when the button is pushed)
- Working Voltage : 4.75 ~ 5.25 V
- Output Analog Value （X coordinate ) : 206 ~ 798
- Output Analog Value （Y coordinate ) : 203 ~ 797
- 1 x Grove - Thumb Joystick
- 1 x Grove 4 Pin Buckled 20cm Cable