Since WiFi Serial Transceiver Module (ESP8266), ESP01 is not breadboard-friendly, you may want to try some kind of adapter that is super easy to use. This ESP01 3V3 5V Serial Adapter might be your top choice. It is an adapter module for ESP-01 Wi-Fi module. It has 3.3V voltage regulator circuit and onboard level conversion/shifter circuit that makes 5V microcontroller easy to use with ESP-01 Wi-Fi module.
To use the ESP8266 with Arduino requires logic level translation of the UART signal, which is provided by this ESP01 3V3 5V Serial Adapter. The module can be used with Arduino or any compatible board without needing an additional level converter, as it is integrated in the module.
The module has VCC, GND, TX and RX, so it uses a serial protocol for Arduino communication (and you will need two pins from Arduino). Other pins from ESP01 are not extended out.
Note: Light shooting and different displays may cause the color of the item in the picture a little different from the real thing and ESP-01 Wi-Fi module is NOT included in the packing list.
- Integrated 3.3V voltage regulator.
- Arduino UNO R3 and the compatible board can directly connect to this module
- Color: Blue
- Working voltage: 4.5~5.5V (On-board 3.3V LDO Regulator)
- Working current: 0-240mA
- Interface logic voltage: 3.3V / 5V compatible (On-board level shift circuit)
- Material: Plastic
- Dimensions: 42mm x 25mm x 10 mm (LxWxH)
Note: Please allow ±2mm due to manual measurement
- 1 x ESP01 3V3 5V Serial Adapter