Note: This 2.13-inch E-Ink display HAT is updated from V2 to V3 from October 2020 onwards.
E-Ink (Electronic Ink) display has several benefits compared to other display technologies:
- High Visibility and Contrast
- Wide viewing angle
- and super low power consumption. It can retain the display for very long time after power is removed.
This is an E-Ink display HAT for Raspberry Pi, 2.13inch, 212x104 resolution, with an embedded controller, communicating via SPI interface, supports red, black, and white three-color display. Due to the advantages like ultra-low power consumption, wide viewing angle, clear display without electricity, it is an ideal choice for applications such as shelf labels, industrial instruments, and so on.
- No backlight, keeps displaying last content for a long time even when power down
- Ultra-low power consumption, basically power is only required for refreshing
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero/Zero W/Zero WH/3B/3B+
- Preserved solder pads for SPI interface, for connecting with other controller boards like Arduino, etc
- Onboard voltage translator, compatible with 3.3V/5V MCUs
- Comes with development resources and manual (examples for Raspberry Pi/Arduino/STM32)
- Stack perfectly on Raspberry Pi Zero board and of course a little smaller than Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+.
- Operating voltage: 3.3V/5V
- Interface: 3-wire SPI, 4-wire SPI
- Outline dimension: 65mm × 30.2mm
- Display size: 23.71mm × 48.55mm
- Dot pitch: 0.229 × 0.228
- Resolution: 212 × 104
- Display color: red, black, white
- Grey level: 2
- Full refresh time: 15s
- Refresh power: 26.4mW(typ.)
- Standby power: 170°
- 1 x 2.13inch E-Ink display HAT(3 colors) board
- 1 x 8-way JST plug to pigtail jumper wire (female terminated)
- 2 x 8mm spacer (2.00mm diameter) with screws and nuts