Infrared Remote Control is very mature technology and it is still popular. Many home appliances like TV, air-conditioner still uses IR Remote Control.
This infrared wireless remote control kit enable makers and students to use this technology and Arduino comes with many IR libraries and examples.
This IR RC kit consists of Mini ultra-thin infrared remote control and 38KHz infrared receiver module. The mini ultra-thin infrared remote control comes with 17 function keys. And with transmission distance of up to 8 meters, it is very suitable for indoor control of various equipment. Infrared receiver module can receive the standard 38KHz modulation of the remote control signal, through the programming, you can achieve the remote control signal decoding operation, which can produce a variety of remote control robot and interactive works.
- Comes with
- IR transmitter (Remote Control), with CR2025 coin cell battery
- IR transmitter LED
- IR receiver breakout
- Jumper wires
- CR2025 Coin Cell battery, comes with 160mAh capacity
- IR transmission distance: 8 meters but must be direct line of sight and the receiver's sensitivity
- Effective angle: 60 degrees
- Case material: 0.125mm PET
- Estimated usage: 20,000 times
- Quiescent current 3-5uA
- Dynamic current 3-5mA
- Arduino compatible
- 1 x IR Wireless Remote Control
- 1 x IR Receiver breakout board
- 1 x IR Transmitter LED
- 1 x 3 ways jumper wire
- Arduino Infrared Remote Tutorial by astrodan3, Instructable tutorial.
- Arduino - Control LEDs with IR Remote Control, by Random Nerd Tutorials
- Arduino IR Library, by z3t0
- Tutorial - Controlling LED on Arduino Using IR Remote Control