This is the M5Unit version of GPS, integrates a Zhongke BDS navigation chip AT6558, and an amplification chip MAX2659 used for amplifying antenna signal.
AT6558 is a high performance, supports many types of satellite navigation systems, able to receive satellite signals on 56 channels GNSS signal from 6 satellite navigation system, joint location, navigation, timing, and more. The module is able to obtain accurate global location information. quick and accurate positioning for anywhere in the city, in the canyon, under the overhead, and inside the car.
The module can be widely used in vehicle monitoring, bus reporting, car navigation, onboard navigation, notebook navigation, and other products.
You can plug it into port C on M5core via GROVE cable, which is a standard UART interface.
UART settings :
- Baudrate(default: 9600bps)
- Start bits(1 bit)
- Stop bits(1 bit)
- This unit is actually an add-on unit for M5Stack controllers. The controllers are NOT INCLUDED in the package. However, it is compatible with following controllers:
- If you're interested to get other M5Stack modules and units in your hands for a lot more fun projects, you may get them here.
Features and specifications:
- Support single system positioning of BDS/GPS/GLONASS satellite navigation systems, or multi-system joint positioning in any combination
- Support D-GNSS differential positioning
- Two Lego-compatible holes
- Examples of applications
- Car, ship positioning and navigation
- Smart law enforcement positioning
- Positioning accuracy: 2.5m
- Channel: 56
- Positioning update frequency: 1-10Hz
- Maximum height: 1800m
- Maximum speed: 515m/s
- Maximum acceleration: ≤ 4g
- Low power consumption
- BDS/GPS dual-mode continuous operation: