This is an HMI (Human Machine Interface) Touch Screen Display, with a 3.2-inch size. The Nextion Enhanced versions are more powerful than the standard ones. Compared to the basic Nextion displays, the enhanced ones have added some new functions, such as: supporting built-in RTC, supporting save data to Flash, supporting GPIO, larger flash capacity, and larger CPU clock.
Nextion Enhanced NX4024K032 is a powerful 3.2'' HMI TFT display, with 16MB Flash data storage space, 1024 byte EEPROM, 3584 byte RAM. With GPIO supported, now customers can use Nextion to control external devices.
Check out the demo of Nextion HMI display with Arduino, by Rui Santos:
Nextion is a seamless Human Machine Interface (HMI) solution that provides a control and visualization interface between a human and a process, machine, application, or appliance. Nextion is mainly applied to the Internet of Things (IoT) or the consumer electronics field. It is the best solution to replace the traditional LCD and LED Nixie tubes.
Nextion includes a hardware part (a series of TFT boards) and a software part (the Nextion editor). The Nextion TFT board uses only one serial port to communicate. It lets users avoid the hassle of wiring. We noticed that most engineers spend much time on application development but get unsatisfactory results. As a solution to this situation, Nextion editor has mass components such as button, text, progress bar, slider, instrument panel, etc. to enrich the interface design. Furthermore, the drag-and-drop function ensures that users spend less time in programming, which will reduce 99% of their development workloads. With the help of this WYSIWYG editor, designing a GUI is a piece of cake. It's easy to adapt Nextion family HMI to existing projects- users just need to provide it a UART.
Note: There are a small power supply test board and a wire for you to test if the electricity supply is enough or not. Please see the below image on how to use it.
Features and specification:
- Supports built-in RTC
- Supports GPIO
- SD Card interface: support max 32G Micro TF/SD card (FAT32 file format)
- Flash data storage space: 16MB
- EEPROM: 1024 bytes
- RAM: 3584 bytes
- Instruction buffer: 1024 bytes
- Colo: 65K (65536) colors
- Resolution: 400×240 pixel
- Adjustable brightness: 0~180 nit- the interval of adjustment is 1%
- Visual area: 69.60mm(L)×41.76mm(W)
- Layout size: 95(L)×47.6(W)×5.55(H)
- Touch-type: Resistive
- Backlight: LED
- Backlight lifetime (Average): >30,000 Hours
- Net Weight: 42.5 g
- Recommended power supply: 5VDC 500mA
- Certificates: CE/EMC, RoHS (certificates)
- Alternative touch screen display for Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- 1 x 3.2" Nextion Enhanced HMI Display
- 1 x power supply test board
- 1 x 4-pin grove cable
- NX4024K032 datasheet, Nextion Wiki
- How to Use Nextion with Raspberry Pi, tutorial by IteadStudio
- Nextion Display with Arduino - Getting Started, tutorial by randomnerdtutorials.