The IQaudIO DigiAMP+ HAT is the 1st Raspberry Pi HAT compliant Full-HD (192/24) HiFi quality DAC & up to 2x35W (Watt) Class D amplifier designed and produced for Raspberry Pi single-board computer.
Check out this demo video by VarmintWorks back in 2016 using the DigiAmp+ HAT:
It is the de-facto audiophile DAC/AMP for the Raspberry Pi. The latest revision has pre-programmed EEPROM and exposes the full Raspberry Pi GPIO header. It also supports voltage input up to 24VDC and delivers the full 2.5 amps to the Pi.
By default, the HAT includes a pre-programmed EEPROM. This allows the Raspberry Pi operating system to auto-detect and auto-configure itself allowing the IQaudIO boards to be plug and play.
It is compatible with:
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB (Discontinued, yet it is compatible)
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB(Newly launched in May 2020)
- Raspberry Pi 3B+
- Raspberry Pi 3B
- Raspberry Pi 3A+
- Raspberry Pi Zero
Note: The IQaudIO DigiAMP+ HAT is suitable for the latest Raspberry Pi board, it is not compatible with much older Raspberry Pi A and B Models.
Now, you can turn your Raspberry Pi into a standalone Hi-Fi system, use as the basis of a retro radio restoration or build a boom box.
Comes pre-assembled so no soldering is needed, just stack on to Raspberry Pi's 40-pin GPIO like other HAT (Hardware Attach on Top) and enjoy the superb sound quality.
Note: The DigiAMP+ HAT REQUIRES an external power supply/brick, and when powered the DigiAMP+ HAT will provide power to the Raspberry Pi board in parallel (5.1V @2.5A). It can accept an external supply from 12 to 24VDC to operate. The Pi-DigiAMP+’s barrel connector is 5.5mm x 2.5mm.
In case your DC Barrel Jack comes with a 2.1mm inner diameter, use this converter.
Designed to deliver the best audio performance from the Raspberry Pi A+/B/B+, for example, the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B board, this HAT fit within the Pi’s form factor and provide additional access to several of the Raspberry Pi’s 40-way I/O signals allowing easy addition of IR sensors, Rotary Encoder or I2C devices (such as OLED screens), etc.
The DigiAMP+ HAT combines everything from the previous AMP+ HAT and DAC+ HAT, shrinks it down, and reduced the overall system cost!
The HAT uses the latest Texas Instruments chipset (TAS5756m) to deliver awesome performance from a single board. As with the acquisition of IQaudIO by Raspberry Pi Foundation, you can be assured that the Linux driver support is already built-in to Raspberry Pi OS (previously known as Raspbian) and supported by the many software audio packages already on the market. For example, RuneAudio, Volumio, Moode, PiCorePlayer, Pi MusicBox, OpenELEC and others. The IQaudIO DigiAMP+ HAT easily supports 24-bit / 192kHz file formats but is equally at home with lower quality MP3s bringing your music alive sonically.
Note: The DigiAMP+ HAT uses GPIO22 as amp-mute and when powered on is in a mute state, examples are in the user docs and many software releases already support the AMP+ HAT (an earlier version of DigiAmp+) in the same way.
The IQaudIO DigiAMP+ HAT connects easily to the Raspberry Pi and provides up to 2 x 35W stereo output to speakers.
- HAT compliant accessory; EEPROM, mounting holes
- Full-HD audio, upto 24-bit/192KHz playback
- Up to 2 x 35 Watt of crystal clear amplification
- No soldering required, just stack on to the Raspberry Pi board (that has 40-pin GPIO)
- Integrated hardware volume control (via ALSA)
- Powers the Raspberry Pi from the DigiAMP+ HAT power input
- Linux driver support already delivered within Raspberry Pi OS (a.k.a: Raspbian)
- AMP can be enabled/disabled via Raspberry Pi’s GPIO22
- Advanced ESD protection
- Uses the digital I2S audio signals to reduce CPU load over USB audio solutions
- Fully built and tested Raspberry Pi accessory
- Designed IQaudIO and now manufactured by Raspberry Pi Foundation
- 1 x IQaudIO DigiAmp+ HAT
- 4 x Brass spacer with Phillips rounded head screw/bolt
- 2 x Plug and Use Terminal for Speaker