Note! This product does NOT include the micro:bit board.
If you do not own any micro:bit board, you may choose to purchase the complete project kit which includes the micro:bit board here or get yourself a micro:bit V2 board here.
Do you want to build an auto plant watering system but don’t know where to start?
Or you are a teacher and wanted to help your students to build the auto plant watering system in the most effective way?
Get the RBT Auto Plant Watering project kit now!
This project kit comes with the new Maker Soil Moisture Sensor.
A capacitive moisture sensor which measures the soil moisture level by changing the probe capacitance and does not erode the sensor probe easily.
What can you learn from these lessons?
The Lesson Guide is written in simple language and comes with a step-by-step guide to make an auto plant watering system.
Download a PDF copy of the lesson guide by clicking the image or the wordings below for FREE.
Lesson 1 : Hello!
- Introduction to micro:bit and MakeCode.
Lesson 2 : What’s the Soil Moisture Level?
- Display soil moisture level through micro:bit by using Maker Soil Moisture Sensor.
Lesson 3 : Dry? Moist? Or Wet?
- Monitor the soil moisture level and differentiate it between dry, moist and wet.
Lesson 4 : Water the Plant
- Turn on the water pump to water the plant when the soil is dry.
Lesson 5 : Servo Motor, Direct the Pipe!
- Control the direction of the water pipe by using a servo motor to water the plant thoroughly.
Additional Activities: Visualize Soil Moisture Level, Music On
- Plot a bar graph to show the soil moisture level and make the auto plant watering system to play melodies and sound notifications.
What’s in the box?
- 1x Lesson guide (English Version)
- 1x Maker Soil Moisture Sensor
- 1x REKA:BIT (without micro:bit V2)
- 1x Micro Submersible Water Pump DC 3V-5V with Pipe
- 1x Analog Micro Servo 9g (3V-6V) with servo horns and screws
- 1x Grove 4 Pin Buckled 50cm Cable
- 1x Servo Male - Female Extension Cable 30cm
- 1x 4xAA battery holder with DC plug
- 4x PKCELL Heavy Duty AA Battery
- 1x Tiny Phillips Screwdriver - Transparent
- 2x Popsicle stick
- 3x Cable Ties
- 2x Double Sided Tapes