This US-015 ultrasonic sensor is your perfect sensor for distance measurement and object detection. It offers excellent range accuracy up to (1mm) and fairly stable readings at very low cost. It requires two digital I/O pins (an output pin and an input pin) to interface with it.
Ultrasonic sensor is created based on the principle of echolocation used by animals like bats and dolphins. Since ultrasonic sensor uses sonar to determine the distance to an object, its operation is not affected by sunlight, spotlight and object's surface color which will affect the readings of any infrared distance sensors. However acoustically soft materials such as clothes can be difficult to detect.
- Operating Voltage : DC 5V
- Current : 2.2mA
- PinOut : 4 PIN Sensing
- Range : 2 - 400cm
- Sensing Angle : <15deg
- Accuracy : 0.1cm+-5%
- Advantages : Better accuracy than HCSR04
- Size (mm): 45 (L) x 20 (W) x 16 (H)
- Weight : 10 g
How to use?
The figure shows the connection of the Ultrasonic sensor to Arduino
- In the figure the sensor stated is HC-SR04, however the connection is exactly the same for US - 015
- VCC connect to Arduino 5V
- Trig connect to Arduino I/O ( any PWM pin)
- Echo connect to Arduino I/O ( any digital pin)
- GND connect to Arduino GND
- The coding is shown in documents below
- 1 x High Percision Ultrasonic Range Finder US-015