The super audiophile DAC for the Raspberry Pi. This latest revision of the Pi-DAC PRO is pre-programmed for auto-detection and exposes the full Raspberry Pi GPIO header providing easy access for buttons, sensors, screens etc.
The Pi-DAC PRO plugs directly on the Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2/3/3B+/4, there’s no need to solder or modify your Raspberry Pi and you can be enjoying Full HD audio in minutes.
It is compatible with:
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB (Discontinued, yet it is compatible)
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB(Newly launched in May 2020)
- Raspberry Pi 3B+
- Raspberry Pi 3B
- Raspberry Pi 3A+
Uses the Texas Instruments PCM5242 DAC, the big brother of the pcm5122. Featuring balanced output, better Signal to Noise Ratio and THD. With the Linux drivers built into Raspberry Pi OS (a.k.a.:Raspbian) no kernel recompilation is needed and the DAC PRO is supported by all the regular audio software, just like the Pi-DAC+.
The Pi-DAC PRO also includes the Pi-DAC headphone amplifier delivering an all in one Full HD audio experience for those who listen through headphones, volume is again hardware based under software control and shared with Line Out.
Check out the video by a user of Pi-DAC PRO HAT back in 2018, I am sure things has improved a lot in 2 years time:
With Differential/Balanced output it allows connection to studio equipment or powered speakers over long cable runs. Now you can run your disco, radio station, or home studio from a Raspberry Pi!
- The Balanced output is exposed via two 3-pin non-populated headers. You will have to provide these yourself.
- Uses the same IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ Linux drivers so no new software configurations needed.
- You can find the IQAudIO user guide here
- Raspberry Pi HAT (A+/B+/2/3/3B+/4) compliant accessory
- Pre-programmed EEPROM for auto-configuration
- Full-HD audio – up to 24-bit/192kHz playback
- Integrated hardware volume control (via ALSA)
- Built-in High-quality audio headphone amplifier (TI TPA6133A)
- Class-leading audio; 114db SNR, and -94db THD
- Audiophile TI Burr-Brown 32-bit/384kHz DAC (TI PCM5242)
- Advanced ESD protection
- Digital I2S audio signals
- Raspberry Pi-powered, no external power requirements
- Industry-standard audio quality Phono/RCA connectors
- Balanced output exposed on PCB
- Built-in mini DSP
- Full GPIO access with no soldering required
- Fully built and tested Raspberry Pi accessory
- Designed by IQaudIO and manufactured by Raspberry Pi Foundation, in the UK
- 1 x IQaudIO Pi-DAC PRO Full-HD Audio HAT
- 4 x Brass Spacer with Screw/Bolt