We love this casing - The SmartiPi Touch Case, and it is now version 2 which is upgraded to be compatible with the Raspberry Pi 2, 3, and 3B+ and the latest Raspberry Pi 4 Model B.
The SmartiPi Touch is a case and stands for the Official Raspberry Pi touch display (display not included). The display is secured into the case with four screws. A Raspberry Pi 3, 3B+, 2, A+, or the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is then enclosed in the compartment on the back of the case. A simple door covers the RPi when it is in the compartment. The ribbon cable that comes with the display connects into the Raspberry Pi DSI port. The stand has a pivot that allows you to adjust the angle of the screen.
The SmartiPi Touch 2 is a case for the Official Raspberry Pi Display, Raspberry Pi (3B, 3B+ and 4B), and Raspberry Pi camera. New features include an integrated camera mount, three interchangeable faceplate options, and a cooling fan.
Note: Raspberry Pi, Raspberry Pi display, and Raspberry Pi camera not included.
Full setup guide available at https://smarticase.com/setup
- Version 2 SmartiPi Casing designed for Official Raspberry Pi 7 inch Touch Screen Display (Not included)
- Compatible with:
- The adjustable angle that allows you to tune the angle of the screen
- HAT boards can be attached to the back of the case, adding even more functionality
- 3D printable accessories for additional customization
- LEGO-compatible camera case that works with Pi camera version 1 and 2
- Building block compatible front plate with camera hole
- Smooth front plate with camera hole
- Back cover/door with fan
- Back cover/door with GPIO access
- USB-C splitter (for use with Pi 4)
- Micro USB splitter (for use with Pi 2 and 3)
- Compact mounts
- 75mm VESA mounting
- HDMI and audio port access
- 1 x Back Cover/Door with fan
- 1 x Standard Back Cover/Door
- 1 x Ribbon/FPC Cable for Camera
- 1 x Ribbon/FPC Cable for Display
- 1 x USB-C Splitter Cable for RPi 4B
- 1 x USB micro B Splitter Cable for RPi 2, 3B, 3B+
- 1 x Stand/Base
- 1 x Housing for Display
- 1 x Mounting Screws and Nuts pack
- 2 x Compact mount
- 3 x Front panel (Smooth, Smooth with a camera, Lego with camera)
Note: Everything shown above is included. Raspberry Pi board, Raspberry Pi display, and Raspberry Pi camera not included.
Easily adjust the angle of the screen to any position.
The included ribbon cables are attached to the Official Pi display and the Official Pi camera. The longer cable attached to the camera is routed under the display control board.
The display, along with camera and cables, are assembled into the case as shown below.
A building block compatible front with camera hole, smooth front with camera hole, and solid smooth front are included. They can be mounted with included hardware.
The Raspberry Pi camera is assembled into the case from behind with the included screws.
The Raspberry Pi is then assembled into the back and the ribbon cables attached as shown. The fan can be attached to the 5v GPIO pin (7500 RPM) or 3.3v GPIO pin (4800 RPM)
The fan is a standard 30x30mm fan and can be easily swapped out for another readily available 30x30mm fan.
Two different back door versions are included with the kit. One door features a punch-out that can be removed to expose the GPIO pins. The other door allows the installation of a cooling fan. Neither door works with HAT boards.
To use HAT boards the door must be removed. Standard HAT standoffs can then be screwed onto the Pi mounting studs. The optional back cover accessory can be purchased separately to cover the HAT board.
Both door options work with Raspberry Pi versions 2,3, and 4. HDMI and audio out are accessible.
The kit includes two splitter cables: one for use with the Raspberry Pi 2/3 and display and one for the Raspberry Pi 4 and display.
Four m4 threaded inserts allow you to mount the case with a 75mm VESA mount. These are also used to mount the optional back cover.
Also included are small mounts that can be used to mount the case to a variety of surfaces. These can be used in lieu of the stand.
Back cover accessories (not included) can be purchased separately.